For every 3rd home or small business, the range extender has become a necessity because of many reasons. Today in this post we help you understand “the need for the range extender” and “For what re.rockspace.local stand” and “how to setup rock space WiFi range extender” in simple steps.
big houses, thin walls, the multistory buildings can have wifi dead zones or low signal areas that can really interrupt the fun and information flow of the internet.
What is Re.Rockspace.local ?
in order to setup and manage rockspace range extender you would require to access rockspace extender wifi dashboard console. you can use default ip address which is 192.168.0.254 or default web address re.rockspace.local to login extender console.
re.rockspace.local is an local web address that does not require the internet to work that means you don’t have to download any driver or software to configure wifi extender.
Benefits of rock space Wifi Extender?
Rock space range extenders are new brands mostly sold and used in the united states. With its smart indicator & other features in a budget price you can really have a smart range extender.
you can have full customization control over your extender network. That would really change the way you use the WiFi extender. some of the benefits are –
- Longer range & stronger signal strength at every nook & corner of the house.
- better control over Security and connection.
- one can also use it as Bridge or access point mode.
Now lets Help you setup rock space range extender with your existing wireless network. before, We do that we need to keep few things and information handy that will help to install the extender. Using the methods given below one can setup any model of rock space range extender without any trouble.
Requirements For Extender Setup
Although range extender is pretty much plug and play device. However, some of the information & preparation is required for installation such as-
- A working Modem/Router With WiFi capability with working Internet
- Laptop, Smartphone, or any other device with a full browser.
- In the case of WPS setup, you need a WiFi-enabled WiFi router.
- Default login details of range extender such as default IP address or web address.
- An Ethernet cable (optional)
- The network name and wifi password of the main wifi router.
If you have an older range extender or if the extender has been configured before. Please reset the extender to default settings before we move on for installation.
For the new range extender please unbox it & make the cable connection as instructed in the manual. Let’s Move to the Configuration part now
Re.rockspace.local Wifi Extender Setup
- Place the range Extender Somewhere within the range of the main wifi router to a power outlet.
- Plug the rock space range extender to power plug and turn the power on then let the extender boot up.
- Now go to Your Laptop Or Smartphone and refresh the available wifi network list ( You can turn off & turn on the wifi )
- You may find a new network by the name of rockspace_ext appear in the wifi network list, please connect with it.
- The network should be unsecured at the start. So it should not ask for the password and once connected It should redirect you to the extender dashboard. if you can find the dashboard please use the default IP address or web address to access the extender.
- open the internet browser such as google chrome, safari, or Firefox . Type re.rockspace.local at the top of the address bar browser and press enter.
Follow on-screen instructions :-
First thing it will ask is to create a password for dashboard access so it can prevent any unauthorized access to the console.
- In the next step it will scan for the available network around your range extender. Please select your main existing wifi network name. Type the password of your existing wireless wifi to join the extender with the router and extender the wireless network.
- if you don’t know the password of your existing use the default ip address to access the router console and know the main wifi password.
- You can setup a different SSID and password for your range extender. If you wish or make any changes under settings as per your wish.
- Save all settings and right information like extender admin password, wifi password, and other important info written on a piece of paper or notepad for later to remember. Then restart the extender and place it anywhere near the wifi dead zones. the range extender has been configured.
In case of setup failure or technical difficulties please contact support for Quick help. When setup fails we are recommended to reset the repeater back to default settings before we do any other changes. here is how you do it-
Reset Rockspace Range Extender
To perform a hard reset on rockspace range extender. You need to follow the quick and easy steps given below. Once this method is applied all the settings done by the user will be lost and settings will be restored back to default factory settings.
- Plug the extender into the power source and locate the reset key at the bottom or back of the extender.
- Find any tiny object such as a paperclip, pin or toothpick. To press the reset key while the extender is on and hold the reset key for 10-15 seconds.
- when all lights start flashing altogether on rock space range extender . let the reset key go and restart the extender. we have an complete guide on rockspace extender problems & troubleshooting please check it out.
your range extender should be back to default settings & you are now able to setup it as instructed in the steps above. There is one more method of installing the rockspace repeater to your existing wifi network. Please follow the method-
WPS Push Methods for Setup
Now, this method is a Quick one but still requires few settings to touch up even after setup. firstly place rockspace range in the same room as your main router just for the setup process then follow the instruction given below-
- Plug the rock space range extender to the power socket and turn on it to let the settings boot up
- Press the WPS Key on the range extender & then you will have a WPS light blinking for 2 minutes windows.
- the setup process has started now go to your router and press the WPS key on the router to join the extender.
- once you see WPS light solid on the extender you know the process has been completed and you are ready to use the extender.
- Now you can just log in to the extender console using the http://re.rockspace.local web address or use 192.168.0.254 to extender settings.
in other cases if you are going for tp link extender setup please follow the guide in given link.
we hope all this information would really help troubleshoot or setup rock space range extender. Please let us know if you need any other help.